e mërkurë, 20 qershor 2007

Song for Scott Guber

Goodbye Scott, and I'm sorry they wiped you
I think I'm the only fan you ever had
Most people thought you were evil, or mad.
But all they did was misconstrue you;
You were far greater than your fat boss
You never sought glory for yourself,
You loved your lousy job, at your own loss
You let yourself be left upon the shelf
And instead you did all the nasty work
The unpopular decisions, everything
That Stevens always decided to shirk.
When late in your office you began to sing
I saw that you were not at all the prick
That the others made you out to be
You had class, and heart, and with every click
Of your fingers your beauty I could see
Music, of course, was the love of your life
But it showed me the power of your love
And through all your crusades, your painful strife
You never lost that hope or that love
And eventually, you let us all see it
But their hatred for you refuses to wear:
You're dead now, so they say I shouldn't care
But I swear one day I'll make them believe it.

-Keshava Guha

Nuk ka komente: